OrgLeader is a professional services firm that optimizes the performance of STEM organizations and the leaders who run them. OrgLeader accomplishes this via its focus on leadership assessment/development, talent management and organizational effectiveness.
STEM organizations are establishments whose operations are more technical and left-brained in nature. More specifically, their operations are data-driven and based on science, technology, engineering and math. These establishments typically are found in industries that relate to these four areas.
- Science: healthcare, medical diagnostic, medical device and biotech
- Technology: software, semiconductor, information security, consumer electronics and wireless
- Engineering: automotive, aerospace, engineering & construction as well as controls & automation
- Finance: banking, credit card and insurance
While STEM organizations exist at the enterprise level (a company), they also exist at the functional level. Functions such as research and development (R&D), information technology (IT) and finance are STEM organizations.
What we believe:
- Sustained results represent the ultimate form of value
- Leadership effectiveness and organizational effectiveness go hand in hand
- An understanding of impact as well as intent is crucial for success
- Intent is what you aim to do but impact is what people experience
- Building a strong executive team involves more than assembling a collection of smart leaders
How we operate:
- Professionalism – Business decorum based on respect for the individual
- Candor – Honest and empathetic dialogue to obtain the best outcome
- Reliability – Consistent, high-caliber service to the client
- Integrity – Actions that align with words to enhance trust
What we pledge to you:
- We focus on results instead of activities
- We are your thought partners to help you make decisions and take action
- We are just a phone call away
Founder and Managing Principal
Dr. Ryan Lahti is the founder and managing principal of OrgLeader. Ryan combines business experience in 20+ industries with a background in leadership assessment/development, talent management and organizational effectiveness. Ryan’s work concentrates on STEM organizations at the middle-market and Forbes Global 2000 levels. For over two decades, he has enhanced business performance by designing and implementing customized leadership, team and organizational solutions.
Prior to founding OrgLeader, Ryan worked for global consulting firms including Ernst & Young and Hay Group. He also held corporate positions with Gap Inc., Westin Hotels and Resorts and Invitrogen Corporation where he oversaw leadership and organizational development.
Ryan is a contributor to Forbes as well as a member of the Forbes Coaches Council. He is a certified executive coach who is affiliated with the International Coach Federation, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology as well as Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services.
Ryan holds a B.A. in Psychology/Business Administration from UCLA, an M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from California State University Long Beach and a Ph.D. in Psychology/Organizational Science from the University of North Texas.
“People are more likely to be accountable if objectivity and empathetic candor are used to help them own the impact of their actions.” -Ryan Lahti, Managing Principal